The past visit to the streets was very eye opening and difficult. At our first spot in Indios Verdes, we ministered to 12 street kids. Before we sang our leader, Alex, shared some comforting words to the group who had just lost a girl to suicide. Life here is tough and the tears showed that their souls were dry and lost. I was moved when two of the street kid leaders wept like babies when the song we sang asked for the Lord to bring water to this desert called life.
The next group was more difficult for me to take because I witnessed 4 drug dealers who interrupted our singing, sharing, and eating by trying to sell to our kids. I was beside myself as I thought about what life would be like here in the dark.
Jesus' light shown on us at the end of our visit as 3 kids shared that they had had enough and wanted to be clean from drugs. Please pray for them as they are in rehab for the next 3 weeks.
10 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment