In reading from Isaiah this morning I was struck at how deep, but how simple the first part of the book is: do things like elevate yourself above God (a.k.a. pride), then some pretty bad things will happen to you, but do things like what are mentioned below and you will have blessings.
I often get worried when I hear someone say, "What is this world coming to?" - especially in light of us bringing another child into this world at any momement. But after reading chapter 4 I am completely comforted and also realize that the world hasn't changed - it is still wicked, and God hasn't changed either, he is still Holy and righteous.
From Chapter 1 of Isaiah:
16 wash and make yourselves clean.
Take your evil deeds
out of my sight!
Stop doing wrong,
17 learn to do right!
Seek justice,
encourage the oppressed.
Defend the cause of the fatherless,
plead the case of the widow.
18 "Come now, let us reason together,"
says the LORD.
"Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
they shall be like wool.
19 If you are willing and obedient,
you will eat the best from the land;
01 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment