15 March 2008

Just obey

Recently I caught myself talking down to one of my kids.  "I want you to obey", I demanded.  My words bounced off of the mirror like an echo in a canyon.  I heard the Holy Spirit saying, "I want you to obey too!"  As I peal back another layer of my onion of faith, I am reminded that we must always go back to the basics.  Trust and obey, for there's no other way.  I must admit I have quenched the Holy Spirit by not following his leading ALL of the time.  Talking down to my kids, leaning on my 'to do' list rather than prayer, or simply not encouraging someone when I know that I hear His 'still small voice' to go and say something are all ways of telling the Lord, "Maybe I'll get around to it later."

So what about you?  Are you obeying?  Is there a re-occurring sin in your life?  How is your thought life (sexual and attitude toward others)?  Are you quenching the fire of the Holy Spirit?  

No comments: