This week has been full to say the least - full of responsibility & full of discouragement. I have felt attacked to say the least by the enemy. But I know that I have a rock and a salvation named Jesus. I was reminded of this by a fellow co-worker in Christ named Benito. He is a pastor of one of our house churches in Sta. Elena.
During our time of delivering tracks in his community we traded surface talk but soon got into deep spiritual waters. When I shared that I had felt attacked he immediately went into "Pastor" mode. His care was what I needed - I felt as if the Lord was talking directly to me. As he opened up so many passages of scripture - ones that I knew - I was reminded that only He can lift us up. It was like drinking ice cold water on a hot summer day.
This is one of the passage of Scripture that Benito shared with me...
I Peter 5:5-9
"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble. "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
24 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment