It's amazing to me how you can become a bit numb to a situation over time. For me it is not shocking anymore to visit with street kids. The unlovable have become somewhat routine for me. That can be good and bad - on one side I don't have a lot of fear which has broken down barriers for sharing faith. But on the other hand.......... I had the opportunity to pray with one of the short term team members from Northern Ireland. He shared that the whole street experience was shocking and that he could now see the numbness he'd had for the past few years toward the unlovable. Strangely I related all too well and that was convicting - Am I really seeing other people through the eyes of Jesus? - I can't say at this particular moment that I've reached this point of view.
06 April 2007
Shocking
It's amazing to me how you can become a bit numb to a situation over time. For me it is not shocking anymore to visit with street kids. The unlovable have become somewhat routine for me. That can be good and bad - on one side I don't have a lot of fear which has broken down barriers for sharing faith. But on the other hand.......... I had the opportunity to pray with one of the short term team members from Northern Ireland. He shared that the whole street experience was shocking and that he could now see the numbness he'd had for the past few years toward the unlovable. Strangely I related all too well and that was convicting - Am I really seeing other people through the eyes of Jesus? - I can't say at this particular moment that I've reached this point of view.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment