01 March 2007

Why learn it if you don't plan on applying it?

I was overwhelmed by the heart felt answers from our missionaries.

The assignment from a week ago at our retreat was to share at least one thing the Lord was teaching you and then share what your plan would be in making sure that true Biblical change would happen over the next year. It was probably the best missionary function we've had since we've been here. I think it was because true vulnerability is starting to be seen. This is what Jesus wants for us all of us if we are going to grow.

My plan is to show more joy in the Lord. My type 'A' personality can sometimes overshadow the Joy of the Lord. Isn't that what we are to be showing? More fruit of the Spirit?

I wonder how many times in the past I've seen the Lord teaching me and then a week later forget it ever happened.

No comments: