04 January 2007

Mexican Honesty

I always wonder when to push the gospel on a friend. I often wish that our unsaved friends had some sort of meter on their forhead that indicated when they were ready to hear the gospel. Maybe it could be some sort of a red blinking alarm. I don't know.

Well the other day on of our friends finally understood what we were here in Mexico to do as missionaries - to simply share the gospel. I've found myself praying for a chance to share the gospel with him in recent months, maybe some sort of a cue from him that stated his interest in Jesus. Never have I ever heard a cue like this one. At the moment of realization of what our purpose is here, he objected to my previous silence of the Gospel, "So why haven't you shared this with me yet? What? Am I not good enough?" That was the most direct answer to prayer ever! And I've found that Mexicans are much more vulnerable than most Americans ( a lesson I could learn from).

So in January he and I will start meeting weekly to have an exploratory Bible Study. This has been a good lesson for me. Our job is to share more boldly, much like John the Baptist did. "Behold the lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world!"

No comments: